Ivan E. ShawOf Counsel
Ivan was raised in a military family and was blessed to be raised around the world including Europe, Asia, and the US. Ivan still enjoys traveling but has found a home in Michigan where he has lived since 1997 and in Grand Rapids where he has lived since 2002. He currently lives in Ada where he enjoys spending time with his wife and children, golf, pickleball and soccer.
Ivan graduated from Thomas Cooley Law School, cum laude, in 2001. In law school he focused on Estate Planning and Probate practice in his studies and internship opportunities while also participating in Law Review as an editor and Moot Court as a participant and judge. Ivan graduated 11th overall in his class.
Since 2001 Ivan practiced law as an associate and then principal at several firms including Shaw Law Group. In that time, he focused on Family Law, Mediation, Estate Planning, and Estate Administration. In his current role as founder of Bridge Estate Law and as Of Counsel for Arnson Vantol, PLC he narrowed his focus to Estate Planning and Estate Administration. He provides clients with tailored estate plans that are designed to meet their needs in death and disability, help their heirs with easily administered estates, and protect their heir’s inheritance.
- State Bar of Michigan, Estate Planning Sections, 2001 - Present
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Family Law and Probate & Estate Planning Sections, 2001 -2020
- IACP, Member 2019-2022
- Collaborative Divorce Professionals of West Michigan, Member 2019-2022
- Collaborative Practice Institute of Michigan, Member 2019-2022
- Michigan, 2001 U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 2004
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan J.D. cum laude - 2001
- Washington State University B.A. - 1997 Major: Political Science